On 4/5/14 Linda, Les and Neil went on a trip to 8 Acre Lake. This is site that the club has not been to for several years due to its poor viz. Well, what a change! The viz has improved a lot and made it a very enjoyable day.
The good bits:
- It’s less an hour from Barnsley.
- You park next to the lake.
- It has 14m of depth.
- Loads of kitting benches etc.
- Very good viz.
- There are loads of boats etc to find.
- Coffee/tea is only 50p.
- There are no air fills, but you can hire a full cylinder for £4 and give it back empty.
The bad bits:
- No bacon sandwiches – take your own food.
Watch the video for proof of the good viz.