Greetings Divers & Trainees! As we approach the long winter nights, it becomes important that we maintain our skills and interest for the following years Scuba diving activities.
To help us do this, the club has put together a programme of events for all divers. The club has tried to make this as varied as possible to ensure that there’s something for everyone. All of our activities can be found on our Facebook page or website:
Starting from this month, our events will be:
- Saturday 15th Sept – Open Water Training at Capernwray
- Saturday 22nd Sept – Underwater Pirate Treasure hunt at Eight Acre Lake
- Tuesday 25th Sept – Presentation from Ann Bailey on our 2018 dive trips at the Metrodome
- Thursday 27th Sept to Monday 1st Oct – Sound of Mull Dive Trip
- Monday 1st Oct to Monday 8th Oct – Egypt Shore Diving Trip
- Saturday 13th Oct – Open Water Training at Capernwray
- Saturday 20th Oct & 21st Oct – Shore Diving at St Abbs Marine Reserve, Scotland
- Thursday 25th Oct – Quarterly Social evening at the Arcade Alehouse in Barnsley
- Saturday 27th Oct & 28th Oct – DIVE Show 2018, Birmingham
- Tuesday 6th November – An Evening with Blue Duck Photography at the Metrodome
- Tuesday 4th December – XMAS Meal/Activity (tbc)
- Tuesday 22nd Jan – AGM at the Metrodome
- Thursday 31st Jan – Quarterly Social evening at the Arcade Alehouse in Barnsley
- Tuesday 5th Feb – Injury Prevention for Divers at the Metrodome
- Tuesday 5th Mar – Pool Skills Refresher at the Metrodome
- Saturday 27th Apr – Underwater Easter Egg Hunt at Eight Acre Lake
- Saturday 25th May to 1st June – Summer Isles Dive Trip (FULL)
- Saturday 12th Jul & 13th Jul – Farne Islands Dive Trip
- Saturday 10th & 11th Aug – Shore Diving at St Abbs Marine Reserve, Scotland
Some of these may be subject to change. We’re also in the middle of planning more dive trips for 2019, so there’ll be lots more activities appearing.
Watch this space for even more activities!!!