Hi All – The club is undertaking open water training at Capernwray this coming Saturday and Sunday.
Travel time from Barnsley is approx 2 hours. Try to be there for 8:30 – join the queue of cars waiting to get in from the main road! Once you’re at the entrance gate, let them know you are new divers and will be meeting your instructor to register. When you get through the main gate, turn right (up the hill) and park somewhere against the hedge on the right hand side. Your instructor will show you around and take you to the office to register.
For our new open water trainees, you will each require:
- 7mm wetsuit with boots (gloves and hoods would be handy, but water temp should be ok without)
- Weights – ‘Integrated’ if possible, otherwise a belt will be fine. Arrange for 6kg each (2 x 2Kg and 2 x 1kg). An additional 2Kg spare would be helpful.
- BCD, regs and a full 12 litre cylinder
- Mask, boots and strap-Fins
I have a few spares – hood, gloves, masks, weights. Josh – I am bringing my neoprene boots for you.
- Site details are here – www.dive-site.co.uk/diving – you’ll need the £25 membership.
- Gear Hire – www.dive-site.co.uk/gear-hire
- Directions – www.google.com/maps?ll=54.136657,-2.723912&z=14&t=m&hl=en&gl=US&mapclient=embed&cid=15003540687983989962
Remember to bring your qualification books, towel, snacks, drinks and money! The site takes card payment. There is a café, shop, and toilets/changing facilities.
Matt/Ellie – remember to bring your Capernwray membership cards!! You will need to present them at the gate.
If anyone needs a lift from Barnsley on Saturday only then let me know. Currently I am picking Calum up in Sandal. I can squeeze in another diver.
Any questions, then message or call me.