Greetings Divers – The 2020 Eyemouth trip is now open to club members! The club has booked 12 places with MarineQuest for 14-16 August 2020 – suitable for all diver grades.
The trip places will be allocated on a first come first served basis. To secure your place, please let Trevor know via firstname.lastname@example.org, and pay £50 (fifty pounds) deposit to Barnsley BSAC Divers. Cash, Cheque or BACS. The club account is:
- sort code 08-92-99
- a/c 65617726
- Ref “Eyemouth-Yourname” on any BACS payments
Package includes 2 nights B&B on the quayside at Eyemouth (twin rooms with en-suites). Approximate cost, based on 12 divers, is £160 (plus spending money for air fills, food and travel). We usually grab a team meal at the Oblo restaurant on Saturday night. The planned itinerary is:
- Friday – optional shore dive at Greenends Gully
- Saturday – two dives from a hard boat
- Sunday – two dives from a hard boat, then home!
Eyemouth is on the edge of the St Abbs marine reserve with some great reef diving. The boat has a toilet, diver lift, and, air fills are readily available on the Quayside. The shore dives are nice and shallow with plenty of marine life on offer.
CLUB TRIP POLICY
This policy is designed to ensure that trips remain financially viable and is fair for all members/guests going on trips arranged by the club. Late cancellation means that extra money has to be paid by others on the trip which is unfair
- In order to secure a place on a trip a deposit must be paid to the Treasurer. If for any reason a person subsequently cannot go on the trip, then the deposit is not refundable unless the place can be filled by someone else.
- The final balance must be paid to the treasurer six (6) weeks before the date of the trip. If the final balance is not paid at least four (4) weeks before the date of the trip then the deposit and place on the trip is forfeit. If the place is subsequently filled then the deposit is refunded
- If a person does not go on the trip having already paid for that trip then all monies paid are forfeited, unless, in the unlikely event that the place can be filled at the last minute