Hello One and All – I am organising a trip to dive The Northumbrian Farne Islands from 14th to 16th July 2017. It’s a trip which is suitable for all diver grades and a fantastic opportunity to dive with grey seals.
The diving is from a fast RIB which is skippered by the very experienced Paul Walker who Barnsley BSAC have used several times in the past.
The itinerary is not set in stone, but is likely to be as follows:
Friday 14th July
- Meet at around 2000hrs for a briefing in The Olde Ship Inn, Seahouses.
- Depending on interest, there may be an opportunity to squeeze in a dive on Friday afternoon.
- Meet at Beadnall Car Park for ropes off at around 0800hrs (time to be confirmed at a later date.)
- 2 dives from a fast RIB
- Get back to shore at around 1400hrs and then get air fills sorted out for Sunday.
- The afternoon is your own for sightseeing / relaxing OR squeezing in another dive.
- There will be the option of a group meal in the evening at a venue to be decided nearer the time.
- Much the same as Sunday with 2 dives from the fast RIB. This will take us up to around 1400hrs when it will be homeward bound.
- The cost of the diving (based on 12 divers) is £82/person. You will also need some money for air fills / food.
- You will need 2 full cylinders for each day of diving.
- You need to sort out your own accommodation in the Seahouses/Beadnell area. There are lots of local B & B’s and even a campsite for any of you brave enough!!
- When sorting accommodation, make sure that they can provide you with an early breakfast due to our 8am ropes off.
If you would like to book a place, please let me know and pay a £40 deposit to Trevor to secure your spot. If you want any more info then drop me an email or chat to me as and when I am around at the club.