For those of you attending Capernwray on Saturday, here’s a brief briefing ->
- Address is: Jackdaw Quarry, Capernwray Rd, Over Kellet, Carnforth LA6 1AD – approx 2 hours from Barnsley
- Site opens 9am and closes 5pm (must exit water by 4:00pm). Please aim to arrive at 8:30am as there is usually a queue!!!
- When you enter the gate and pay, turn right, head halfway up the car park and we usually congregate on the right hand side against the hedges
- Capernwray is an inland freshwater quarry (commercially managed dive site) with basic on-site facilities (Shop, Changing Rooms, Toilets, Café)
- http://www.dive-site.co.uk/ diving for more info.
- Diving: £12 (you will need to become a member – £10 for six months or £25 lifetime)
- Air refills: £4 for a 12l cylinder fill
You will need:
- Wetsuit / Drysuit
- Hood & Gloves
- DSMB+Reel (Sports Divers only)
- Slate+compass (Sports Divers only)
- Dive Computer or BSAC Tables
- Remember to bring your qualification book!!
Remember to bring towels and sun cream! Also, please make sure you bring something to drink to keep yourself hydrated between dives. Snacks and drinks are available at the café.
See you on Saturday. Shout if you have any questions.