Greetings Divers – the Committee has been busily putting together an outline programme of events and dive trips for the next 12 months. More details will follow, but in the mean-time here are a few dates for your diary:
- Tues 22nd Oct – Supplier presentation and open pool night for qualified divers (possible ‘save-a-dive’ workshop from PaulT)
- Tues 26th Nov – 2019 Trip review – a run-down of all trip highlights from this year (with photos).
- Tues 17th Dec – Club XMAS party
- Tues 21st Jan – Annual General Meeting (Committee re-election)
- Tues 18th Feb – Kit demo night from a local dive supplier who will bring in lots of dive kit to try out. We’re hoping to get some good deals to pass onto our members.
- Tues 24th Mar – Skills Review night (qualified divers)
- Sat 18th April – Underwater Easter Egg Hunt at Eight Acre Lake
- Possible April – Red Sea liveaboard – Suzey Robinson investigating.
- May 23-30 – Cape Wrath – **FULL** (reserve List in operation – see RobM)
- June 19-22 – Sound of Mull – see Iona Edwards. Needs a Dive Manager
- July 18-19 – Farne Islands (24 places). Needs a Dive Manager.
- August 1st – 8th – Narvik Expedition ***FULL***
- August 14-16 – Eyemouth & St Abbs with MarineQuest. Needs a Dive Manager.
- Possible September – Red Sea Shore Diving? Needs a Dive Manager.
- Possible September 11/12/13/14 – Loch Fyne charter boat (early planning – see RobM – needs a Trip & Dive Manager)
- Possible October – Mediterranean trip (Medes/Greece/Elsewhere)? Needs a Trip & Dive manager.
We’ll also be adding the usual Open Water training weekends and a couple of Buoyancy and Trim workshops, O2 Refresher and rescue management workshops.
If you’re interested in any of these, then please let us know (email@example.com). Also, please feel free to suggest your own – all we need are the proposed dates, location, format (shore, boat or both) and minimum diver grade. Some other possible ideas are:
- Isle of Skye – RobM has outline plans for a charter boat and accommodation
- Someone has mentioned Gibraltar…
- Someone has mentioned Crete…
- Someone has mentioned Portugal (Ocean Revival)…