Wow, we’re already thinking about 2020!! As we head towards the back end of the diving season, the club has started to explore events and activities for the autumn and winter periods. This is an important period of time for many divers as it provides ample opportunity to update skills, service or buy new equipment, and, generally get ready for the following dive season.
The club has put together the following list of in-club activities that will hopefully include something of interest for all members:
- Tues 1st October – Kit demo night from a local dive supplier who will bring in lots of dive kit to try out. We’re hoping to get some good deals to pass onto our members.
- Tues 22nd Oct – Marine Photography presentation from a renowned British wildlife photographer
- Tues 26th Nov – 2019 Trip review – a run-down of all trip highlights from this year (with photos).
- Tues 17th Dec – Club XMAS party
- Tues 21st Jan – Annual General Meeting (Committee re-election)
- Tues 18th Feb – Kit demo night from a local dive supplier who will bring in lots of dive kit to try out. We’re hoping to get some good deals to pass onto our members.
- Tues 24th Mar – Skills Review night
We’ll also be adding O2 Admin refresher into the mix, along with some rescue management skills (rope work).
In addition to club night activities, the club has also started to pull ideas together for 2020 diving trips – some are definite, some are just outline ideas (but we’ll need to move quickly to secure the best dates/packages/tides):
- Definite Sat 18th April – Underwater Easter Egg Hunt at Eight Acre Lake
- Possible April – Red Sea liveaboard? Needs a Trip & Dive manager. Suze looking into.
- Definite May – Cape Wrath – **FULL** (reserve List in operation – see RobM)
- Possible Jun 12/13/14/15 – Loch Fyne charter boat (early planning – see RobM – needs a Trip & Dive Manager)
- Definite Jul 18/19 – Farne Islands with Billy Shiels (24 places). Needs a Dive Manager.
- Definite August 1st – 8th – Narvik Expedition ***FULL***
- Definite August 14/15/16 – Eyemouth & St Abbs with MarineQuest. Needs a Dive Manager.
- Possible September – Red Sea Shore Diving? Needs a Dive Manager.
- Possible October – Mediterranean trip (Medes/Greece/Elsewhere)? Needs a Trip & Dive manager.
If you’re interested in any of these, then please let us know (email@example.com). Also, please feel free to suggest your own – all we need are the proposed dates, location, format (shore, boat or both) and minimum diver grade. Some other possible ideas are:
- Sound of Mull – should we re-run this trip in 2020?
- Isle of Skye – RobM has outline plans for a charter boat and accommodation
- Someone has mentioned Gibraltar!
- Someone has mentioned Crete!
- Someone has mentioned Portugal (Ocean Revival)!
Where would you like to dive in 2020??? Let us know!!!