I have been working on putting together a trip to Eyemouth/St Abbs. Initially I said that this would be in April but having given it further thought I am changing the date so that the water will be warmer and that those members still waiting to qualify will have had a chance to do so.
The aim of the trip is to give recently qualified divers and others with little diving experience an opportunity to do shore diving and boat diving. It is therefore a pick and mix trip.
The date is Saturday 6th and Sunday 7th June. Shore diving will be at St Abbs, boat diving is from Eyemouth. (they are very close to each other). At present the boat is available to us for the Sunday afternoon for 2 dives and is with Divestay in Eyemouth. I went out with this skipper last year and we had some good dives.
The basic plan is to travel up Saturday morning and go shore diving in the afternoon/ early evening. Then Sunday afternoon will be the boat diving with return travel Sunday evening.
To make the trip a success I will need a mix of experienced divers to buddy up with ocean Divers. The boat will take 24 so in effect that limits the numbers, but if you just want to shore dive then thats ok.
Shore diving is free apart from air fills and parking. Boat diving is around £40 for 2 dives plus air fills. Divestay have no available accommodation so we will have to find B&B, camp if you wish or we can look at using Scoutcroft caravan park.
I need to know quickly if you want to go on this trip as the boat is only provisionally reserved for us, so either email me back or come and have a chat on Tuesday night.