Hi All – I’m looking to arrange a shore dive at the St Abbs Marine reserve just over the Scottish border near Berwick-on-Tweed (all diver grades). It would be the weekend of 12/13 May which potentially clashes with the Barnsley OW training weekend. Travel time is approx 4 hours.
The basic itinerary would be:
· Optional shore dive at Eyemouth on Friday @12pm
· Upto 2 Shore dives from St Abbs on Saturday meet @9am
· Upto 2 Shore dives from St Abbs on Sunday meet @10am
You will need normal SCUBA gear plus two full cylinders. There’s a long walk around the harbour wall to get to the entry point, so a folding sack barrow or trolly would be very useful! Air fills are available at St Abbs for approx £5 per cylinder. Car parking is approx £7 for the day.
There are three options for accommodation (let me know which you prefer):
· Scoutscroft caravan park – 6 berth caravans are currently £209 divided between the occupants
· Arrange your own in the St Abbs/Eyemouth area – Coldingham would be best
· …or you could just travel up for one days diving
I’d also look to book a team meal in St Abbs or Eyemouth on Saturday (subject to what’s available).
Expressions of interest at this stage – if there’s sufficient numbers then the trip will run.